The National Payroll Institute Commitment to Privacy.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
The Institute collects personal information to provide our products and services to our Customers.
• it is reasonable to expect that obtaining consent would compromise an investigation or proceeding;
• we are collecting or paying a debt; or
• we have your implied consent.
Information We Collect
Educational Information that allows us to verify your educational achievements and accreditations.
Use of Information
4. To compile statistical data and carry out research;
6. To detect and prevent fraud, identity theft and other illegal acts;
7. To perform our everyday business operations, including recordkeeping and internal reporting; and
8. To comply with applicable laws.
(a) Suppliers and Corporate Partners
(b) Responding to Legal, Compliance or Regulatory Obligations
(c) Prevention of Illegal Acts
(d) Aggregated Non-Personal Information
Protecting Your Information
We do not store credit card numbers of Customers in our electronic databases.
For all disclosures, we disclose only the information that is legally required.
Keeping Your Information Accurate
Information contained in files that have been closed is not actively updated or maintained.
Accessing Your Information
Collection of Information Through Institute Website
(a) Cookies and Other Web Tracking Tools
(b) Social Media Tracking Pixels and Cookies
(c) Digital Marketing
(d) Links to Other Websites
(e) Withdrawing Your Consent to Cookies
Customers from Outside Canada
Your Privacy Choices
(a) Consent to Collection
(b) Consent to Use
You may withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information as set out below:
a. Sending of Payroll Related Resources and Information
b. Marketing of Products and Services of the Institute
c. Marketing of Products and Services of the Institute’s Partners
(c) Consent to Sharing
Attn: Privacy Officer
The Canadian Payroll Association
1600 – 250 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1E6
Tel: (416) 487-3380
Toll Free: 1-800-387-4693
Fax: (416) 487-3384
The Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street